Thank you to the fantastic Alex for tagging me in an All About Me post. I need all the help I can get to kick my blogging ass into gear! (The idea is that I answer her questions, then think of some new creative ones and tag other bloggers to get involved.) Get ready for randomness…
1. What’s for dinner tonight?
As it’s my usual blogging hour of 11:30pm, dinner WAS a rather unexciting fishcake and broccoli.
2. Do you read a daily newspaper?
Usually The Guardian Online during the week and The Times on Saturday and/or Sunday.
3. If you could take off on a no-expense spared holiday next week, where would you go?
Probably Vietnam, for it’s beauty, history, culture and that it’s meant to have many little gems that are not yet overrun with tourists. Or Bermuda. I went there a couple of times as a kid and it was stunning, but expensive.
4. What was your favourite book as a child?
There are so many. I really loved James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl and The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell.
5. And who is your favourite author as an adult (it doesn’t just have to be one).
Ha, I haven’t given one answer for many of these yet! I’d probably say John Irving, or Jeannette Walls – I loved her memoir The Glass Castle.
6. Do you buy your underwear at M&S?
Not usually, thought I do have a few pants and stockings from there. I’m partial to Calvin Klein, and still buy a bit from Victoria’s Secret though I think the quality of their underwear has declined…
7. What’s your dream career, and do you wish you’d done it?
Writer / journalist, and yes I wish I had. I remember one of my journo professors at Uni asking our class if we were prepared to die for our job. Always interested in history and current affairs I tended to sway towards hard new journalism so the reality of how to be top of my game in this genre gave me pause. Then I fell into student internship recruitment.
I’m still hoping my writer dream may come true, but this would of course involve actually writing rather than pining away for this….and having the confidence to share with others what I have written!
8. Do you ever Google people you meet afterwards? (and not for work reasons).
Definitely – I google everything!
9. What was the last thing you saw at the theatre?
The Cat in the Hat at the Greenwich Theatre with the family last week. It was an accurate and odd rendition of an odd but enticing children’s classic.
10. Do you use Pinterest – and if so, do you get the point?
Sporadically. I haven’t totally caught the bug. It seems like another black vortex that could suck me away…. and I already having trouble finding enough hours in the day. But if I need an easy reference point, I seek it out and have found some good hairdo and kids party/craft ideas on there.
11. What’s been your proudest moment as a parent so far?
Hmmm. I’d say watching LLC run through a field hand in hand with LMM. She was taking care of her little brother and he was looking up to his big sister. The sun was shining and it felt to amazing to see them looking after each other and to know that they’re mine.
So now I’m going to tag:
And I’m asking:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up on a Saturday morning?
2. If stranded on a desert island, what one album would you bring with you?
3. If you could go back in history for a day, where would you go and why?
4. What makes you angry?
5. If you had the capital to start a new business, what would it be?
6. What’s your drink of choice?
7. Are you watching any shows on television at the moment?
8. What, if any, pictures are hanging on your lounge walls?
9. What’s your favorite book?
10. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
11. What do you think is the best thing about having children?