What a smacker!

Kisses! Big, noisy, smacking kisses. That is newest treat that LLC has started dishing out this last week. She gives them, really puckering up her lips and planting one on our lips or cheek. She even blows them, with the same sound effects. It really is adorable.

It’s also a testament to how much she must understand, because she doesn’t just randomly give kisses, but also when I request them, which I’ve been doing a lot of now that she knows how. I guess we must kiss her a lot and that’s how she picked up on all this.

This led to a recent conversation with some of my NCT friends about kissing your kids on the lips. Do you do this or do you find it strange? Would the gender of your child affect your or your other half’s comfort level about kissing them on the lips?

Chris and I do kiss LLC on the lips – these little pecks of affection seem natural to me but I realize it’s not like this for everyone. Personally, I was brought up giving my parents a kiss so I don’t think this odd but if I wasn’t maybe I might think differently. Or maybe I wouldn’t be able to resist LLC’s little pucker.

This entry was posted in firsts, LLC. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to What a smacker!

1. PippaD says:

Both TE and BB kiss me on the lips but not all the time. Sometimes it is on the forehead, or the nose, or an ear! I think that it doesn't matter where you kiss as long as you are all comfortable with it!

2. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Ha, you are getting soft now with Charlie! See my family all peck on the lips so it's just what I'm used to.

3. Michelloui says:

Oh very very sweet! And you know, looking at this photo and remembering back to when I first 'met' you online when LLC was just a bump I am amazed at how much she has grown! I don't think I've ever followed a little child's development via a blog, its kinda neat!

4. Bee says:

Oh! I love this stage! Little Bee loves to give kisses and I love her little face all puckered up! I love watching them grow….it all just gets better and better! Love the pic, by the way 😉

5. Metropolitan Mum says:

Interesting. I do kiss little L on the lips, but my husband doesn't – because he wasn't brought up like you and me were. I guess it's very much down to what you are used to. xx

6. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Particularly while they are still small and will kiss with abandon, eh?!

7. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

She definitely now is quite the little lady – though still only weighing in at just over 16lbs!

8. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Thanks 🙂 We really have seen a big change right around the 1 year mark in what she understands and in turn interacts. It is a trip!!

9. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

It must largely trace back to the whole nurture thing though I hadn't thought about that until now – ahh the continual, multi-faceted learning curve of being a parent… x