Get a Taste of This!

The fact that I’m craving and eating cake with the passion of Majorie Dawes cannot be a good thing.

Cake.  It comes in so many varieties and is often so good.  It completes my coffee afternoons with other mums.  Unfortunately, when eaten several times a week it’s not doing much for my post-pregnancy fitness.  I’m not mad and suggesting that I deny myself cake in totality – it’s just dawning on me that eating cake three or four times a week may not be the healthiest of  ideas.

So I decided to cut back since I really couldn’t justify the voracity of my sweet tooth.  That is until I came across the acceptable indulgence that are Milkmakers, which seriously take the cake, or should I say, the cookie!

Loaded with brewer’s yeast and ground flax seed, these super cookies, designed specifically for breast feeding moms, will up the quality and quantity of my milk supply.  I’m not going to delve too far into the chemistry behind these cookies; I’m just going to roll with the retailer’s promise that LLC will get more nutritious milk and I will get to eat tasty cookies, almost as good as cake, without guilt.  Everyone’s a winner.  Everyone but my bank account, since at $44 for 30 cookies they don’t come cheap!  Plus I don’t know if they ship to England.  Sigh.

This entry was posted in health, tasty treats, wacked out. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Get a Taste of This!

1. Cherylyn says:

If you don't mind making your own, I have a recipe for lactation cookies on my blog: http://mamasandbabies.blogspot.com/2009/07/these-cookies-are-supposed-to-help.html

If that link doesn't work, just do a search on my blog for "lactation cookies" and it will come right up.

2. Mwa says:

Living in Britain is murder on any waistline, postpregnancy or not. I found out the hard way.

3. Chris says:

I feel partly to blame for your cake addiction. Cricket teas are the perfect place to pick up the habbit. Better get some battenberg in!

4. CheekyWipesHelen says:

It's SO hard weaning yourself off the pregnancy diet of cake, cake and more cake!

I used the cakes from this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Velvet-Chocolate-Heartache-feel-good/dp/0593062361 which almost all contain veg of some sort. A bit like a nicotine patch to wean you off ciggies…

5. Vic says:

I'm having the same problem with cake – but I just can't stop myself baking them!

6. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Thanks Cherylyn, I've checked out your link and now just need to get to the kitchen. LLC is a little one so I'm trying to feed her up. Cookies need no longer be a guilty pleasure!

7. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Yup. I do have a sweet tooth as my sister loves to tell me and did just tell me on her recent visit. But with things like battenberg and jaffa cakes who can resist?

8. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

We are as bad as each other 🙂

9. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

Cool! Thank you, I like the idea of this….treats choc full of "goodness"

10. Tanya (Bump2Basics) says:

I never used to bake much but started doing that too once my maternity leave started….maybe I can blame it on nesting? The pregnancy hormones? I liked and still like to blame a lot of my downfalls on the pregnancy hormones…

11. Vic says:

Well they do stick around for a long time after you've given birth.